Friday, September 19, 2014

Glitch

Nothing that was needed for class here, but in light of October creeping closer I decided to do something creepy while playing in Photoshop!  Looks a bit cheesy like the old Goosebumps series, but that's okay! I basically warped and manipulated each photo, before animating it through the website Iaza.com.

If I were to write about this one for class however, I'd say the focal point is likely drawn to the dimly-lit background, which makes the darker values and shapes pop more. However, on the final frame there is an emphases on the shadowed figure, which has moved closer to the camera. There is (obviously) movement to it, as it is an animated gif. I think visual blur and choppy movement to the frames makes it have a more unsettling, unnatural feel.
Glitch, photos taken with phone, edited in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment