Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Flowers growing in my Shadow

Imprint in Nature, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad
Looming Nature, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad
Grouping Cells, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad.
Alice in Wonderland, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad.
Cemented Over, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad.
The Gardener, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad.
Flower Petals, photos taken with the app 100FX on an Ipad.
I'll be writing about the piece Flower Petals seen above, as it was my favorite out of the experiments we did! As its caption says, I made this piece using the 100FX app on the Ipad, and used one of its many filters to create the effect. While we were out and about taking photos, I really liked how prominently my shadow was casting over this garden on the TCC campus, so I proceeded to snap his shot and play with it!

While Flower Petals has no particular meaning, I think it could be seen in several ways. The color Yellow is generally associated with sunshine, warmth, cheerfulness and energy. I think this piece certainly has a warm feeling to it because of the color, but the values and shapes can bring a more ominous energy to it. The center figure certainly seems to be the focal point as it draws the most attention with its darker value amongst such brighter colors and shades. I think it could potentially symbolize the cycle of life and death, if you were to see the figure as someone who has perished, but in turn flowers have begun to grow inside the imprint they left behind. Or alternatively, it could show humans imprint on nature, as the browning edges could make the flowers appear to as if they’re becoming singed and burnt away—while the cloud on the left-hand side resembles embers and ash scattering to the wind. 

I rather liked this piece, my only issue is the watermark, which I eventually plan to edit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment